Monday, October 27, 2008

I am not sure if I will be able to post this. . .so we'll keep it short and sweet. With the transition into "empty nesters" in full swing, I find myself reading my family members' blogs more often. So this is a shout out to all of you who entertain us with your witty stories and informative blogs! Well, I will leave you with one short story and then we will see if I can figure out the way to post this!

Picture a VERY excited 5 year old going to lunch (yes at Subway) for her birthday. She is surrounded by her mom, dad, 3 year old sister, and baby brother. Talking loudly she exclaims, "This is the best birthday lunch ever!" Every comment is made loud and for ALL to hear. She definitely wants all the attention. Then she softens her voices, looks up at her dad, and simply states, "The best birthday present ever is that my daddy loves my mommy." I did not make this story up. Yes, I did fight back the tears and thought what a good mommy and daddy she must have.

Much love!

3 comments:

Missy said...

That's a very sweet story. I'm glad to see that you have finally posted on your blog, now keep it up. :) It's fun to read what's going on in your life.

Brett - Rachel B said...

oh cute story!!

Stephanie B said...

Cute story.