Sunday, February 27, 2011

Transitions

I have never felt that I handle transitions very well - it unnerves me creating a lack of sleep. The internal struggle to stay positive and to have a little faith bring calmness; however, it generally feels like the calm before the storm. This is a challenge I have worked on over the last 30 years, Frankie calls it being flexible;). Well for whatever reason there are many transitions right now AND they are exciting ones!

First, Frankie and I are frantically trying to get all the house projects done in preparation for being grandparents! I must admit that I have had a great example to follow so hopefully all will be well there. We are adjusting to the idea of twins, we were so happy with one and just shaking our head at two. (btw Jessie and David are the parents, little detail there).

Second, our kitchen is bare as in there is nothing in there. When most of the drawers do not function and doors do not close it is time to redo. We couldn't have come this far without BRAD, TANNER, and TAYLOR. THANK YOU!!!! I have got to meet new people who are so kind. I love when others are kind. Hopefully, the hard part for me is over! We will see. And if it is not, I will be flexible:)

Third, my beautiful nieces Katie and Savannah are getting married. Savannah in April and Katie in July. I know I have mentioned that being an aunt is my favorite "job." These two beauties are one reason why. . .I love them and have so many fond memories of them - they are a joy in my world.

Fourth, I have been working at the store a lot more. I say kudos to working moms! I can't do it. I feel frazzled much of the time and like I can't do many of the things I wish I could. Luckily I have a boss who understands this. I do like spending time with Frankie. I am hanging on for summer when school is out and others can work during the day:)

Fifth, Brittanie and children are coming to spend the night! So excited:). They live in Minnesota! Also, David, Jessie, and Bella are coming in April for savannah's wedding! And Bug is coming for a few days before Cody's brother's wedding at the end of April. Is anyone else coming?! We would love to have you!

Sixth, health concerns have reared their ugly head again in our extended family and this makes me . . .many things! I know all will be well but I wish these trials were not here.

Good for you for hanging in there and reading this lengthy post.

Much love!

9 comments:

Tammi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobby Sue said...

I love you Tammi!

Missy said...

I'm excited to see your kitchen. You're going to be such a good Grandma. I'm so excited for those two! It'll be great to see you soon!

Stacie Couch said...

I am so glad you posted again! Transitions can be so hard but they are usually worth while...like being a Grandma!! I am so excited for you all. I am also very excited to see your kitchen :) I am coming home in June...it might be a little too soon to make a paper chain for that. Love you!

Tricia said...

Yay that you're gonna be a grandma! Double yay that it's twins!!! I hear you about the work thing. I'm thinking I need to quit my job. I just can't keep up on life. Good luck with all of the transitions! Most of them sound fun and exciting :)!

mandy said...

congrats on twins--- you'll be the perfect grandma to two little ones!

Sarah boo said...

I didn't know that those two were getting married. How exciting!

Stephanie B said...

Congratulations to Dave & Jessie, that is so exciting!!! Also, I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen!!

Sara said...

Wowzers, twins!! That's so exciting! :) Congrats!!