Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hello Arizona!



Lucky me got to go on a week-end trip to see David, Jessie, and Bella AND this cute kid! Yes, he is saying "Nooooooooooo" to his mommy;)
Let me back up, first in SLC before my flight left, I got to hook up with Jason and Ellory (sp?). I love that guy. My cousins are all amazing! I think my "cool" points tripled by just being in their presence. I flew into Phoenix pretty late on Friday night. Although Bella might look mellow on Jessie's lap in this picture:
She was pretty excited to see me. I wasn't sure if she would remember me...but she did! On Saturday we met up with these two for lunch at Paradise Bakery in Glendale.
Oh, there is that cute boy again! He keeps sneaking in my pictures!
Then we went to World Market which was pretty interesting. I could have spent a lot of time and money in there but we were on a mission! There was a dog that needed sod in her backyard. Off to Lowe's we went. Refer to Jessie and David's blog for the info on their WONDERFUL neighbor who did all the labor I thought I was going to be doing. I took one for the team and played with his little guy, Rylan, who is almost 2 years old. It was tough, but someone had to do it! Jessie and I raked the rocks for a short time (long enough for blisters because the gloves David got out for me didn't make it onto my hands). Here are some before and after pictures:
Rumor on the street is that Jon and David have now put a brick border around the lawn, leveled out the rock around the edge, AND fixed the gate which apparently was not hanging correctly...



On Sunday afternoon, we zipped over to check out another cousin's digs... so here you have another picture:
I must say it again, I LOVE MY COUSINS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM! It was absolutely wonderful seeing Jordyn and meeting Ellis... what fun they are having because they choose to.

If you are still hanging tough and reading, here is a funny story for you as a reward! Now, if only I were a good storyteller... Frankie had decided to send a guitar down for David to play. Instead of shipping it and chancing damage or it getting lost, we decided I would carry it on. David's concern was someone would ask me to play it in the airport. Frankie had a feeling someone would ask me about it. Well, they were somewhat right. The case caused a fellow guitar player to approach me in the gate area. The conversation went something like this:
GP: So...do you mind me asking what vintage that guitar is?
Me: I don't mind. Actually, I am really not sure.
GP: The case makes me think it might be old.
Me: Well, to be honest, I have absolutely no idea. I do know it is a RED Rickenbacker!
GP: Really? (insert looking at the case as though he wished it would magically open)
Me: Would you like to see it? Maybe you would be able to tell what year it is?
GP: Really! That would be great!
I open the case while now two other young men stand up behind me so they can get a good look... that wasn't awkward at all!
GP: Oh wow. That is sweet. I would guess 1960s.
He continued to thank me four or five times. Come to find out it is a 1964. Too funny. Here is David with my delivery -
It was a great week-end! So relaxing and fun. Thanks to Jessie and David for everything they did to make it nice for me. Thanks to Missy for DRIVING ACROSS THE VALLEY! You did it!!! Thanks Jason and Jordyn for making time for me. A big thank you to Savannah for making this trip possible.
MUCH LOVE!

4 comments:

Stacie Couch said...

What a fun weekend! I wish we had more cousins in Michigan so you could come visit all of us at once....oh wait? We do!! Haha just kidding, sort of. We will see you at Christmas! Love you :)

Missy said...

That's a funny story about the guitar.
It was really great to see you guys. You're always so nice to us and we love you! Thanks for sending me the pictures you took.

Tricia said...

Yay for pictures! Looks like a busy, but fun trip. Love the guitar story.

Jordyn Parry said...

You should have just busted out the guitar and started playing something just to see what he would do :) Thanks again for coming by! It was so good to see ya