Tuesday, December 02, 2008

COME WHAT MAY, and LOVE IT!

One of THE best talks I have ever heard was delivered by JOSEPH B. WIRTHLIN just a couple of months ago. He is an apostle just like in the days of the Savior's time. He passed away last night, and I instantly thought of this talk . . .if you want to read the whole thing which contains hilarious stories, you can go to lds.org and click on general conference talks Saturday morning for October 2008. Here are a couple of my favorite thoughts from this talk:

The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.

I have learned a few things that have helped me through times of testing and trial. I would like to share them with you: . . .The first thing we can do is learn to LAUGH. . . .The second thing we can do is seek for the ETERNAL. . . The third thing we can do is undertand the principle of COMPENSATION. . .The fourth thing we can do is put our TRUST in our HEAVENLY FATHER and HIS SON.


I hope you will take time to read the stories that go along with his talk. It was a classic! Hope all is well with each and every one of you. Much Love!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

His talk WAS a classic. The story about his daughter's blind date mix up cracked me up! His words of wisdom, and dry, witty humor will be missed, but I'm glad he's back with his sweet wife.

Brett - Rachel B said...

I had no idea he died. That was such a good talk. One I definately need to read more often. Thanks or the post.
He was always one of my favorite. How could you not love that face?

Missy said...

I loved that talk too, I actually talked about it for visiting teaching last month because I loved it so much. He had such a fun sense of humor and great stories. It was an awesome talk, I'm gonna miss him.